To learn how the TARS-IMU Series enhances vehicle efficiency, please view the video on the TARS-IMU rollout page.
The Transportation Attitude Reference Sensor or TARS-IMU is a packaged sensor array designed to report vehicle angular rate, acceleration, and inclination for demanding applications in industries such as heavy duty, off-highway transportation.
TARS-IMU enables autonomous vehicle characteristics and enhances efficiency and productivity by reporting key data required to automate and monitor movements of vehicle systems and components. The sensor fusion algorithm can be customized for specific vehicle applications through on-board firmware, allowing movement data to be filltered for extraneous environment and vehicle movements.
With two sensor models for different power levels, TARS-IMU accommodates both 5 V and 9 V to 36 V vehicle power systems. While communication is carried to the vehicle through industry standard CAN J1939 connectivity. As a standard, TARS-IMU is calibrated on aerospace-grade rate tables at the factory to provide calibration consistency between units.
- High performance IMU reports vehicle angular rate, acceleration and inclination (6 degrees of freedom)
- Reggedized design for the most demanding applications and environments (IP67, IP69K certified)
- CAN J1939 connectivity
- Advanced filtering of raw sensor data to minimize unwanted noise and vibrations, improves positioning accuracy
- Optional metal guard for added protection
- Supports 5 V and 9 V to 36 V vehicle power systems
- Operating temperature of -40 °C to 85 °C [-40 °F to 185 °F]
- Reduced power consumption
- Small form-factor
- Calibrated on aerospace-grade rate tables, providing calibration consistency between units
Potential Applications – Transportation
- Skid Steer
- Wheel Loader
- Boom Lift
All technical data, such as data sheets, installation instructions and application examples, can be downloaded in the catalogue area.
Please also note the video available here.