NEW IN NEWS: PRODUCT OF THE MONTH
Each month, we introduce you to a selected product that deserves special mention.
Product of the month January 2018: Basic Board Mount Pressure Sensors, Wet-Wet Capable, ABP Series
Honeywell is pleased to announce its ABP Series Basic Board Mount Pressure Sensors are now dual ported, wet-wet capable, allowing for potential use with liquids on both sides of the sensor die. The product is in stock and available for ordering.
Value to Customers of Wet-Wet Capability
Board mount pressure sensors generally cannot survive exposure to liquid media. If the liquid does not immediately cause an electrical failure, over time it can cause the failure of components and wire bonds. Honeywell’s 20PC Series family of unamplified board mount pressure sensors have been possibly the only options for liquid media. Now the ABP Series provides enhanced and amplified pressure measurements in a small board mounted package. This provides a lower cost and smaller alternative to fully media isolated sensors for some liquid pressure applications.
Due to the ABP Series’ configurability, there are thousands of variations possible. Following are common catalog listings featuring the wet-wet option: ABPDJJT001PGAA5, ABPDRRT005PG2A5, ABPMJJT015PGAA5.
Differentiation of ABP Series Portfolio
- Enhanced accuracy helps the design engineer understand the error in measurement.
- Wide supply voltage range offers design flexibility.
- Power consumption when utilizing sleep mode option allows for use in battery-powered applications.
Key Features of the ABP Series Portfolio
- Total Error Band: ±1.5 %FSS
- Industry-leading long-term stability: ±0.25 %FSS
- Industry-leading accuracy: ±0.25 %FSS BFSL
- Wide pressure range: 60 mbar to 10 bar | 6 kPa to 1 MPa | 1 psi to 150 psi
- As small as 8 mm x 7 mm
- High burst pressures
- Output: ratiometric analog; I2C- or SPI-compatible 12-bit digital output (min. 12-bit sensor resolution)
- Meet IPC/JEDEC J-STD-020D.1 Moisture Sensitivity Level 1 requirements
- REACH and RoHS compliant
- Media compatibility: continuous exposure to non-corrosive liquids (e.g. water and saline) and applications where condensation can occur
- Internal diagnostic function
- Wet-wet capable when liquid media option is selected
- Sleep mode option
- Temperature output option
- Medical: CPAP machines, blood analysis machines, blood pressure monitoring, breast pumps, drug dosing equipment, hospital beds, massage machines, oxygen concentrators, patient monitoring equipment, sleep apnea equipment, urine analyzers, ventilators and portable ventilators and wound therapy equipment
- Industrial: Air brakes, HVAC/transmitters, life sciences equipment, material handling equipment, pneumatic control equipment, pneumatic regulator equipment, process gas monitoring and valve positioning/positioners
- Commercial: Air beds, coffee makers and washing machines